BHW VIRTUAL SHOW OF THE YEAR 2021
- The show will be held under the Rules of the Royal Pigeon Racing Association. All rings must be the property of the fancier entering them by Friday 18th December, 2020, and registered as such in the records of a recognised Association/Union. Competitors entering pigeons over 10 years old must ensure that those rings have been registered correctly with the appropriate Association/Union. Any prize-winning pigeon found not to be correctly registered will be disqualified and the prize money forfeited.
- Entries are free and three prizes will be awarded for each class, 1st. £50, 2nd., £25 and 3rd. £10, plus a certificate with 4th to 10th receiving prize cards.
- Closing Dates: All classes – Sunday 27th December, 2020 12:00pm Entries will not be accepted after this date and time.
- Entries: All classes – max 2 birds per class. No duplicates will be allowed in any class. All classes are limited to 200 per class on a first come first served basis.
- Judging: Will be completed by Friday, 8th January, 2021
RPRA rule 134: Exhibitors may not be able to judge and show at a show which they are exhibiting.
We would like to remind all fanciers of the amendment which was passed at the last AGM to Rule 134 (printed above). It means that you cannot judge and enter pigeons in the same show.
- Flown Classes: A completed flown certificate must be product upon request by the Show Committee, and be available for all prize winners 7 days after the Saturday 16th January 2021. Failure to product such a certificate in the required time period will result in disqualification.
- Young Fanciers – entrants must be under 18yrs on 17th January 2021 and a member of a recognised Association / Union in their sole name at time of entry.
- School Entries – entrants must be recognised by the RPRA as an educational establishment for pupils up to the age of 18 years. And will be incorporated into the Junior Classes (Junior entry is defined as stated in rule 7)
- Within classes 9 and 10 two sets of prizes will be awarded, one for the overall winners of the class and an additional set exclusively for the school entries.
- Best in Show and Best Opposite Category (i.e. racing or showing): To be judged from the winners of all classes and a prize of £50 and a certificate for each awarded.
- Results: Will be published in The British Homing World.
Objections must be made in writing to The Show of the Year Committee, RPRA HQ, The Reddings, Cheltenham GL51 6RN no later than 7 days after the date of publication.
- Entries will be only accepted by photograph, no professional photographs will be accepted, and the committee reserve the right to disqualify any photograph which they feel it is not a true representation of a racing pigeon or has been professionally taken or altered.
- The Committee may at its sole discretion accept or refuse entries to the Show.
We are always interested to hear from you.
Let us know what you think of our new website or what you’ve enjoyed most about our virtual show this year. You can interact with us via our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram or drop us an email here.Get In Touch